Salmon Summer Rolls with Avocado Cilantro Dip
These Salmon Summer Rolls are DELISH! I love a good bagel with cream cheese and lox and these are a perfect light and refreshing alternative to get that summer body in order! Spring roll rice paper is practically tasteless but serves as a good way to roll ingredients up, munch away and not feel guilty about carbs like when you eat a sandwich.
You can throw whatever you want in them and you can almost never go wrong! Pre-make these for lunch, serve them up as a quick appetizer for friends or keep them on hand in the fridge for a couple of days as a healthy snack!
Get the details on how quick and easy these are to make below:
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ROLLS:
- 6 oz smoked salmon
- a handful of mixed greens
- 1 small tomato
- red onion
- fresh dill, optional but makes these extra yummy!
- 6 rice papers
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a ninja or blender and blend until smooth. For less creamy dressing, add a tablespoon of water to thin out.
- Chop tomatoes, cucumbers and onion into thin slices and set aside for easy assembly.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a sauce pan and set aside to cool slightly for cooking rice papers. A skillet will also work.
- Transfer hot water to a large shallow dish, (I used a skillet) and submerge a rice paper to soften for about 10-20 seconds. Don’t let it sit too long in the water or it will become too fragile to work with.
- Once soft, transfer to a clean, slightly damp surface, (a wooden cutting board worked perfect!) and gently pull out wrinkles.
- Add the salmon and then top with small amounts of veggies. Fold bottom over the fillings, then gently pull left side and then right side tightly. Use hands to tuck veggies in the front and continue rolling over remaining rice paper until sealed.
- Place on a serving plate and top with a room temperature damp towel to keep fresh. Travel with them in a sealed zip lock bag with a damp paper towel in bag.
- Enjoy with unlimited amounts of avocado cilantro dressing with no guilt! :)