Parchment Paper Herb Butter Salmon
How much do we love simple meals? I'm living for meals that are simple to prepare, super light and great for sharing or making for a group. Since we are always hosting friends at our place, simple meal prep is KEY! Summer screams for fresh fish like salmon, cod and halibut paired with light steamed veggies. My new go-to is preparing fish and veggies in parchment paper which makes for the perfect meal portions and requires very little cleaning afterwards! I mean very minimal, like... you literally only use ONE baking dish! Doesn't get any better than that.
You can even make these ahead of time and pop them in the oven when you get off work that evening for the perfect quick and easy meal! Your family will love you for these :)
I really hope you get to make these and enjoy. Customize them to your liking with your favorite type of fish and veggies like zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes and more! I'm eating mine with a nice crisp glass of Pinot Grigio... Hellooooo Summer!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE (makes 2 packets):
- Parchment paper (found in the aisle with foil and wax paper)
- 1 lb fresh fish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped finely
- 1 lemon
- a couple of sprigs of fresh dill
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups veggies of choice (I used broccolini)
HOW TO MAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cut fish into 2 even pieces. Rinse and gently pat dry. Use hands to coat both sides of fish with some olive oil and half of the garlic for each piece. Sprinkle light with salt and pepper to season each side.
- Chop veggies into desired size. Using a small bowl, toss the veggies in the remainder olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Slice lemon into thin rounds.
- Building it out (follow the slide show below): lay out a piece of parchment paper. Place the ingredients in this order in the center of the paper: 2 slices of lemon, sprig of fresh dill, 1 tablespoon of butter for each pack (broken up with fingers), 1 piece of fish flipped skin side up, veggies.
- Build the packet by folding the bottom 2 corners of the parchment paper upwards. Next, fold the sides in, and flip forward to wrap the packet closed, making sure none of the sides are open.
- Place each packet on a glass or metal baking pan and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes. I build upside down so that when it comes out of the oven, all you have to do is spatula each packet onto a plate. Cut a slit in the top and rip open pulling at the slit with both hands. Slide the parchment paper from under the fish and toss - or eat directly out of the paper!
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and serve :)