Everyday Uses for Lemon
I am all about the use of everyday, household items and their benefits to my life. Lemon is one of my absolute favorite fruits so I always make sure I have one or two in the fridge. I use lemon in a number of ways and am always discovering new ways to incorporate it. Not only is it a cheap product to always have on hand, but it's natural too - which is the best way to go!
Below check out some of my recommendations for giving your life a boost using lemon:
1. Air freshening | refresh your kitchen and home. Squirt fresh lemon juice in your sink and on your countertops and wipe with a sponge. Toss the used lemon peels down the garbage disposal and run. Also, try boiling a cut up lemon on medium heat and allow the steam to give your home a natural fresh aroma.
2. Natural detox | before breakfast, start your morning with a detox. Squeeze half a lemon into warm water and drink before consuming any food for the day. This serves as a natural way to rid your body of toxins and impurities. For a boost, add cayenne pepper and a spoonful of raw honey.
3. Seasoning food | food is always best when kept simple. My favorite cooking combo is always these key ingredients: sea salt, pepper, olive oil and of course freshly squeezed lemon. It's best over baked fish and roasted or steamed veggies.
4. Sanitizing | I cringe when I think about how many people have touched over the fruits and veggies that I purchase. I use lemon as a natural cleaner to rid the germs off of any fresh foods I buy. If you're out and don't have hand sanitizer or can't get to a sink, a fresh lemon wedge can serve as the same purpose for cleansing your hands :)
5. Flower preservation | each week I purchase a fresh bouquet of flowers from the farmer's market. I love the way they make the house look and feel. To keep them fresh, I add a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to lukewarm water. The flowers should stay fresh for about 7 days.
Make lemon an everyday part of your life. Your options are seriously endless!