Weekend Guide to Los Angeles: Girlfriend Getaway
Welcome to Los Angeles! If you're new here, I moved here about 4 and a half years ago from the DC area and have been blowing in the Los Angeles wind since! One thing that I love most about this city is that no matter what type of person you are, there is something for you! I'm a social butterfly, and love to soak up the sunshine, I also love a good bottomless brunch and the fresh outdoors. All of those things are what keep me living and thriving in LA!
When my friends come in town, I want to show them all of the off the beaten path locations that I've come across during my time here. There are really some amazing hidden gems in this city and I want to share all the things I love most about it with YOU!
This guide is all about things you would do with your bestie and a girlfriend getaway is never complete without self love: aka pampering, a little shopping and definitely a boozy brunch! So book your ticket, tell bae you need a little girl time, prep the kids meals and be sure to say hi when you touchdown ;)
Get the complete guide below and share with a girlfriend you'd love to getaway to LA with!
You landed early and you're ready to hit the city and see what it has to offer. Today is all about some self love! Let's hit one of my favorite beach brunches, frolic in bathing suits and stuff our faces with yummy treats!
26 Beach: this is one of my fave west side brunches! This cute, quaint spot is the perfect spot to welcome you to LA, with the cutest decor. Oh also, they have 20 (yes 20!) different types of french toast and an assortment of other brunch items that will blow your mind!
- After you've stuffed your face with stuffed french toast, head to Manhattan Beach. This is one of the nicest beaches in LA, snap some pics on the boardwalk, dip your toes into the water and soak up all of that vitamin D!
- Be sure to sneak into Manhattan Beach Creamery, right on the strip for the best homemade ice cream sandwiches (or anything else they have to offer!)
- Next up, it's time to get pampered... grab a facial at Face Facial Bar or Mani/Pedi at Fluer Nails. Both provide quality and unique service at a great price, but be sure to make an appointment because they fill up quick!
- If you're up for heading out tonight, turn up at The Dime, a small but super fun mid-city speakeasy bar or check out Rush Street Lounge for a bite to eat and a DJ spinning upstairs or Sayers Night Club for a grown and sexy live music experience. Mix, mingle and enjoy your night without the Hollywood lines!
Get cute because it's time to hit the city today! It's LA, so the sun will most likely be shining and there are plenty of places to see and be seen.
- Get dressed up for a magical brunch at Penthouse at the Huntley Hotel: this posh spot offers pristine white decor and 360 views of Santa Monica beach and the surrounding city, the food is delicious and the views make the brunch picture perfect! (psst! my favorite things on the menu are the Smoked Salmon Flatbread and the Short Rib Hash)
- Shopping on the 3rd Street Promenade: this outdoor shopping area is in walking distance to brunch so be sure to swing by afterwards to check out some of your favorite stores and more!
- You're in Santa Monica, so it's only right you grab one of the famous Cronuts at DK's Donuts. This spot makes gourmet donuts fresh daily including the cronut (yes thats a donut and croissant combined -- whaaat?!) cookies and cream, maple bacon bliss, nutella strawberry and those fancy donuts with fruity pebbles on top... ALL INSTAGRAM WORTHY!
- *Outfit change* Get even cuter (is it possible?) to hit up Beauty and Essex or check out Catch for a lovely dinner full of everything from Honey-Sake Cured Chilean Sea Bass to Lobster Mac + Cheese! These are 2 hotspots in LA, so it's best to snag a reservation via Open Table!
- Swing by E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood for a post-dinner hand crafted cocktail on the magical rooftop overlooking the Sunset Strip! It's open until 2 am.
Wakey wakey!!! It's your last day in the city and you don't want to miss a minute of Sunday Funday! Sundays in LA are when the city really thrives. People are out and about, brunching, exploring and just living it up before Monday comes back around. I have a bunch of cool spots for you to check out today!
- Boozy Brunch at The Hudson - one of the best brunches in the city, serving up Biscuits and Gravy, Crab Benedict, a Hangover Burger and more. And yes, that's a tree growing through the roof!
- Melrose Trading Post: After brunch, stumble into this fun market to peruse the vintage decor, artisan goods and crafts from all of Los Angeles' best artists! Grab some cool goodies to take home to bae, since ya know, he's been holding it down at home. This is one of my favorite things to do in LA on a Sunday! Entry into the market is $3 per person and all proceeds go to Fairfax HS.
- LACMA Museum: one of the most famous LA museums, full of all types of creative art and culture. Even if you don't make it inside, you must take pics by the famous "LACMA Urban lights" on the back side of the museum - you can't miss them! The museum is $15 per person and is open 10 am -7 pm today.
- Before you fly out, hit up The Ramen Joint for their traditional Shoyu Tonkotsu or Veggie Miso ramen. It's conveniently located right by LAX (Tatsu or Slurpin' Ramen are also my faves!) If you find yourself with a little extra time, swing by The Candy Bar Hookah Shoppe next door to puff on some hookah before you head to the airport!