Is it just me, or are Tuesdays now the new Monday? I find Tuesday is the day where my week has actually set in and it’s official that the weekend is over and I still have another 3 days until the weekend comes around again.
I generally don’t mind Monday in terms of having to be at work and that type of thing but I do really enjoy the time off during the weekend and find myself more in “business” mode during the week, so it’s a struggle to let the weekend go and get into the weekday mindset. I’ve been trying to play mind games on myself by treating everyday just as equal and being just as happy and grateful to wake up each and everyday. Cause I mean, I am alive, right?! I also find that when I create a to-do list with things that I am excited about completing and seeing things get crossed off of the list, it feels good and makes my days feel complete!
I’ve also been looking for more things that make me feel calm and relaxed whenever I have a lot to do and that is where lavender comes in! Lavender is my favorite natural remedy for calming. It can be used to reduce stress and anxiety, to treat cuts and burns, for headaches, migraines, as a sleep aid and so much more. I love to add it into my teas and lattes and sip throughout the day to keep me balanced.
It also helps to be drinking my latte with coffee made from this beautiful french press! I searched low and high after seeing someone with one similar and got this one and my culinary lavender on Amazon. I get excited I have the chance to use it. The quality of the lavender is really great too. It usually lasts me about a month or so and stays really fresh! You can snag both for yourself by clinking the images below:
This latte is so quick and simple to make and can be made with whatever milk you want. I got inspired and made my own creamy oat milk – so that’s what’s used here – but feel free to sub whatever milk you wish. If you don’t have a coffee press, just steep the lavender in a pot with the hot coffee for about 10 minutes instead, then strain the lavender buds out and enjoy the same way! If you want the relaxation of this without the caffeine, use caffeine free coffee or sub the coffee for your favorite tea! The floral notes will help ease and calm your day or night and send you off to a relaxing and peaceful space.
Let’s jump into this relaxing recipe!
- 8 oz coffee or tea of your choice
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon agave or maple syrup, optional
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender buds, plus more for garnish
- Brew coffee of your choice. If using a french press, steep lavender buds in with coffee for 8-10 minutes. If brewing in a coffee pot or Kurig – add coffee and lavender to a pan and bring to a boil. Turn down on low and allow lavender to step for 10 minutes. Strain lavender out of coffee before serving.
- Use a frother or blend oat milk with agave or maple syrup (or plain if leaving that out) to froth it
- Pour coffee into your desired cup. Top with frothed milk and sprinkle with lavender buds for garnish.