Since living in LA for almost 5 years (yes, my 5 year LAversary is in Feb and I can’t eveeeeen believe it!) I’ve noticed a few trends with New Years in this city: 1. people rarely have plans until the very last minute (or is that every city!?) 2. people often leave to go elsewhere for the holiday 3. people want options of fun stuff to do with friends or bae but never know where to find them! I mean, you already have your bomb ass outfit, now it’s time to put it to good use, right?!
I’ve spent the past few New Years doing a variety of things including traveling, but the couple of New Years that I did spend here were pretty epic! It is true that some of the best options don’t pop up until the very last minute but I wanted to share a few options from every category with you now in case you’re trying to get those plans in order!
WHERE TO DINE:
- Toca Madera: This super cute Spanish inspired spot is having their own Casablanca themed evening! Live music and entertainment, special performances, DJ sets and a champagne toast will take you through the night. Their prixe fixe Chef Tasting menu is just $75 for the evening!
- Fig & Olive: First off, their annual theme is white and gold, which already sounds amazing! They have a choice of a 4-course prixe fixe dinner with champagne toast OR a cocktail reception with passed Hors d’oeuvres with wine, beer and cocktail selections. I’d be there just for the glamorous theme!
- Tao LA: This new-to-LA restaurant is absolutely amazing! I checked it out a few weeks ago with some gf’s and it would be the perfect place to spend NYE. The decor calls for dressing up, the tiered seating is to die for and the menu… order everything! They’ll have a DJ spinning hits, party favors and a champagne toast. Head to Dream rooftop next door afterwards to continue the party!
- 71 Above: How cool would it be to ring in the 2018 950 feet above the city!? This spot features dope views of the city and is serving up a special 5-course menu for just $125 a person! (STEAL!) They will also have a DJ and entertainment from 9 pm – 1 am. Sneak peak of the menu here!
- Yamashiro Hollywood: Dine and then party at this Hollywood historic landmark overlooking the Hollywood hills! Not only is their food to-die-for, they are giving you a 5-hour open bar, DJs spinning music, complimentary champagne and party favors.
- Catch LA: Where do I begin? This NYE dinner party features stuff like SURF AND TURF SKEWERS… WILD CAUGHT NORWEGIAN CAUGHT CRAB… GOLD LABEL WAGYU?! OMG. Choose between an al a carte or prix fixe menu featuring those choices plus more! I’m hungry now.
WHERE TO PARTY:
- See You Soon: this cool LA kids club has been throwing epic parties with fun vibes for a while now so it’s only right they help bring in NYE. Join them at a secret location in upscale formal attire for just $17.18 for the night!
- E.P. & L.P. Rooftop Masquerade Ball: From 8 pm – 2 am party in style on the L.P. rooftop with views of the Hollywood hills. This party is giving you open bar, passed premium appetizers and obviously a dope DJ for just $100!
- Kiss and Grind: The famous Kiss and Grind party has been happening in LA for years and has recently gotten more popular after being featured on an episode of Insecure. Their parties are usually so fun and full of a diverse crowd that actually comes to party! They released just 500 tickets for their NYE party which will have an open bar (sounds like a WIN), tray passed Hors d’oeuvres and a champagne toast!
- Prohibition at Union Station: Think 1920s inspired decor and atmosphere featuring live DJ sets and jazz, burlesque dancers, custom cocktails and champagne. Sounds like an amazing time to me!
- W Hollywood: If you’re feeling like Hollywood on NYE, there is probably no better place than the W! The rooftop offers 360 views which you will be able to see all of the fireworks across town from. They have an open bar option and inside will highlight LED walls and caged dancers as well. Grab a bite to eat at Delphine Eatery and Bar or The Living Room downstairs before heading up and dancing the night away!
- Lit Years Eve: Obviously a NYE lituation featuring $2 drinks, a champagne toast and bottle service available. This is for those trying to do the least Hollywood thing on NYE as tickets range from $10-20 and seems like it will be a poppin’ party to check out!
WHERE TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT:
- Fireworks at Disneyland: I mean who wouldn’t want to be at this magical kingdom when the click strikes 12!? Not only is the park staying open late (until 2 am) but they will be featuring not 1 but 2 beautiful fireworks displays for lovers and kids alike at 9 pm and 11:55 pm!
- Grand Park DTLA: For the 4th year in a row, Grand Park will become a fun destination for the NYE holiday. Starting at 8 pm, the event will feature food trucks, live bands, DJs, an interactive countdown and a 22-story canvas for projections of photo-booth pics taken onsite, this sounds like a dope (and free) place to be! PS. They have a no alcohol rule so this would be perfect for a night with the kids or for non-drinkers!
- Marina del Rey Fireworks + Glow Party: a family friendly night out with live DJs, dance music, dancers, circuit breaker robots, face painting, bubbles, photo booths, free giveaways, food trucks and more. The night kicks off with a glow party at 7 pm and features 2 fireworks shows at 9 pm and midnight!
- ACE Hotel Palm Springs: Head a bit outside of the city for a quick and crazy getaway as the ACE hotel always provides! Just $40 gets you into their party and include some amazing DJ sets and a bubbly toast! Obviously grabbing a room at the hotel would be your best bet and you can lay out and hangover-recover poolside the next day!
If you can’t make your mind up, check back soon just before NYE because I’m sure I’ll be adding some options as the fun pops up!
cheers to a beautiful night ringing in 2018!