I hope your Thanksgiving was so lovely! In the past, Jermaine and I usually cater some dishes for others through his catering company Frat Boy Cuisines #ShamlessPlug. This year we decided to do a Friendsgiving and it was the first year (in 3 thanksgivings) that we’ve been able to just cook, host and enjoy food and friends in the comfort of our own home. I loved every second of it. I actually love Thanksgiving food, but after a week or so of prepping, eating the day of and then leftovers – it can get old pretty fast and I begin looking for other options – pretty much anything that ISN’T turkey, stuffing or sweet potatoes lol
Last night, I was inspired to make something that was the least thanksgiving-y meal I could find. We had some leftover lobster (because… lobster mac and cheese) and I was feeling up to some homemade pasta! It’s rare that I make pasta in our house since I’m not really a big carb person but if you’re going to do it… DO IT! So homemade pasta it was! When I tell you the Kitchen Aid does any and everything, it truly does. I got the pasta attachments as a gift a couple of years ago and now I have eyes on the veggie spiralizer attachments!
Homemade pasta is a task and I don’t expect everyone to commit or even have interest in making their own, but if you do feel up to it one day, just know it is DELICIOUS and will have you like – boxed pasta where??? This recipe can obviously be made with any type of pasta you’d like and is not limited to spaghetti; I imagine fettuccine or linguine would be wonderful as well. See a few of my notes and below and then hop into the recipe!
- if you’re interested in learning a quick way to make your own pasta – check out this previous post I did where I show you the way!
- if you don’t make your own pasta, it drastically cuts down the prep time and this is the perfect weeknight recipe for the family, or quick but fancy recipe to pull out for guests!
- this can be made with or without seafood, feel free to sub in a different protein like chicken or crabmeat… or no protein at all!
- this would also be yummy as a vegetarian dish! toss in mushrooms, spinach, kale, peppers, etc, whatever is left in the fridge and whatever your heart desires!
- prepping your ingredients in little side dishes makes this (and any other) recipe so quick and easy to make!
LOBSTER AND SHRIMP LEMON GARLIC PASTA
- Homemade pasta for 2 OR 1/2 box spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 cup uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pre-cooked lobster
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Prepare homemade pasta or boxed pasta as directed. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse and pat shrimp dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook shrimp until slightly pink, about 2 min on each side. Set aside.
- In the same skillet on low-medium heat, combine the remaining oil with lemon juice and butter until butter is melted and mixture is well combined.
- Add in garlic and simmer until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in parsley and basil and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the mixture and simmer until tomatoes are blistered.
- Last, add pasta, shrimp and lobster and toss into the sauce until all are well coated. Season with additional salt and pepper as necessary.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, basil and parmesan cheese and eat while hot!
Click on the picture below to pin this recipe to your Pinterest board to make for later 🙂