Hiiiii guys! Happy Thursday! Are you as ready for the weekend as I am? I had a really long weekend last weekend and it has been le struggle getting myself through this week! Everyday feels like Monday haha
Last weekend, I flew back to North Carolina to my college town to celebrate Homecoming and 10 years as apart of my sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha. I had such a great time seeing all of my friends and old faces from college! But let me just tell you, I partied like I was 21 again and stuffed my face with all of that southern food that I missed.
I got home Sunday and head straight to the grocery store for some stuff to meal prep for the week. I was so proud of myself for this because let me tell you, my body was like whaaaat is going on?! lol Anywho, I was feeling fun and inspired by fall, I wanted to create a yummy dish I could heat up for the week that would be tasty each day and not bore me. These stuffed sweet potatoes are JUST THAT!
Sweet potatoes are already one of my favorite fall favorites and don’t need much to spruce them up. They are rich, savory and a bit sweet on their own but the combo of this honey lime quinoa plus spinach takes it up to another level! The combo of quinoa and spinach makes this a protein and iron packed food that leaves you feeling nice a full!
Serve these up for a main dish or a fun appetizer at your next family dinner. This is a crowd pleaser for sure!
GRAB THE 8-INGREDIENT RECIPE BELOW!
HONEY LIME QUINOA STUFFED SWEET POTATOES – serves 4
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper, to taste
- feta cheese, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut in half length wise. Use 1 tablespoon of olive oil to brush skin and inside of potatoes until well coated. Place on baking sheet, skin side down and bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare quinoa as directed on packaging. I sub water for chicken or veggie broth for additional flavor!
- In a medium skillet, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil and sauté spinach until wilted.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, spinach, cranberries, honey and squeeze fresh lime juice over mixture. Mix together well. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and scoop out some of the centers from each half to create a boat-like shape. Don’t scoop it all! Leave about 1/2 inch around the sides.
- Scoop a hefty amount of quinoa mixture into each sweet potato boat.
- Garnish with feta cheese for flavor!